Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bits and pieces


(photo by Becca)

While the Creeklings were away on the weekend hike-out, they were asked to write a second "Barbaric Yawp" in response to their journey. Here are bits and pieces of their offerings...


My journey and yours may be so different even when
We do the same things.
You walk beside me,
We share the same physical space,
But our minds are in such different places.
We are artists.
Together we create, but never quite the same thoughts
Your art and mine will never be the same.
- Ainslee

The wilderness is so untamed and beautiful
It is nice and peaceful - I can easily lose myself.
It reminds me of running barefoot
jumping and swimming in creeks
I love nature with a passion
I could walk forever if no one stopped me
- Mariah

The branches parted, the leaves shifted
And suddenly a rocky Atlantic beach stood before me.
The waves ebbed and flowed, threatening to
Sweep me away, but no such thing happened
I am so harmonically in tune to the world here
The trees that were once so secretive are
now meek and worrisome
I'm untamed out here in the woods
I'm free
- Becca

Life is beautiful here,
This is a place where I can find out
Yet again, that no matter what happens
Life goes on.
The stream reminds me of it-
I will have bad days,
But I will always know that the
Stream is still running,
That a new day will come
- Ivy

This is safe freedom.
We are allowed to be ourselves
and they trust us to be free.
We scream ourselves blue
to the green of the forest
and run ourselves sore
to a feast of grilled cheese.
We will never forget the
bragging rights our friends
have given us here
We will go home barbarians,
Return as swordsmen and
End as warriors
- Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment